Apr 3, 2008

april 3, 2008 - day 78 (weight 209.0-down 49.50)

Down 1.40 lbs again.

I think it is skipping the beef-and behaving, but I am thinking that skipping the calories and fat in beef is helping me be consistent in hunger and weight loss. My meals have been very similar the past 3 days. That's what my brother Nolan did. He had the same thing morning and night. Chicken, tomatoes, an apple and grissini and his weight loss was extremely consistent all the way through.

I feel much more in control these past few days. Hopefully, I am on to something here. I am going to try to skip beef until I am down to weight and on maintenance.

And be as consistent as possible with the water.

Oh and I now weigh less than when I moved to Florida, 8 1/2 years ago.

Now for some sobering facts - sobering for me anyway.

Of the 78 days;

I lost weight on 49 days
I had zero weight loss or gain on 17 days
I had weight gains on 12 days

I drank plenty of water on 41 of the 78 days
I drank what I would consider a marginal amount of water on 28 additional days
I had way too little water on 9 of the 78 days

I had (way) too many calories on 30 of the 78 days

I was hungry on 1 of the 78 days
I had minor hunger, or you might say what my mind interpreted as minor hunger on 25 of the 78 days.

When I really did get hungry on day 60 because my hCG started running out (3 days with no hCG in 4 days), I was acquanted again with real hunger. I think the minor hunger is a combination of the stomach shrinking and the body posturing to intake calories.


Here is a chart showing my loss (click for a larger image):




Interesting to note that in the areas I plateaud due to cheating, I would have had plateaus anyway due to sustaining that weight for prolonged periods of time. At least per Dr. Simeons book and clinical trials.

Sliced chicken, cherry tomatoes, an orange and grissini's for lunch.
Dinner was top round, salad with tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber and an apple and grissini's.

1 comment:

LYNN said...

Hi Dan, I have your chart in front of me just to encourage me!! thank you for your faithfulness to blog I look forward to seeing how you are doing.
I ended up having to go off 1 day, back on one day then going off the next day easter! then I went to a funeral in Pasco went off two days lost it in 1 day Yea! I was planning on staying on until April 17th my 62 birthday but today 4-3-08 I need to spend time with some children 16 year old I have not seen for almost a year and they love pizza when they come over to play games at my house so after seeing your chart and knowing you had many off days I won't call them cheat days! and you have lost so much in less than 3 month!!!!
I started March 3rd and have lost 19 LBs My fat is down from 48.9 to 46.9 my BM from 34.8 to 31.8. and lost 24 in.
I guess I will enjoy the life God has given me knowing sooner or later I will lose this weight!
Thanks again to you, Nolan who mix's my stuff and Tim and Tammy for all you have helped me with May God richly Bless you all.
Love,
Lynn wines

CLICK ON THE BLOG INDEX AT LEFT TO SEE ARCHIVED BLOGS.