Mar 26, 2010

march 26, 2010 - 217.0 lbs

One strange thing I have been coping with for the past month to month and a half is constipation or slowly moving colon.

Even with cheating my BMs are about every week and a half and then they are slow and difficult.

I have been taking the recommended daily dose of a fiber laxative for 2 1/2 weeks. A week ago I doubled it. Twice the daily recommended maximum. Today I took three times the daily maximum of x-lax tablets AND the double daily dose of fiber laxative.

We'll see what happens.

Never had this at all before. Always had regular BMs every two to three days. Small amount, but consistent.

By the way, my company contest ended for the biggest loser and it wasn't me. I did lose 13% of my body mass during the contest which like put me in the top 5 for my group. Think if I had done this normally. Completely different outcome.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I use to have the same issue only a BM every 2 or 3 days, but after working with my dr and getting on 500-1000mgs of magnesium a day it helps a lot and i'm losing better then ever in lbs... magnesium or vitamins are better for you body then anything else... good luck! ~Jilaine

Dan Foss said...

Thanks. I will try that. It's gotten to the point where I am overly happy when I do. That is very strange.

Samavartaka said...

Hi Dan and readers

I found the blog when i was looking for instructions on sublingual HCG. Thank you Dan for your very thorough detail. I am on my second round, with 8lbs left to go which is great. I wanted to let you know what helped me with bm also. Yes, Magnesium is good, but what works for me is Dr Christopher's herbal lower bowel formula (google). 8 herbs in caps and 1-2 a day means I get bm at least every other day. Hasn't affected my weight losses so the minute amounts obviously are ok with the protocol. .... also do you know that Cream of Tartar is better to take and much cheaper, than buying Potassium supplements. Take up to 1 tsp daily if needed but do research.


Ellen

CLICK ON THE BLOG INDEX AT LEFT TO SEE ARCHIVED BLOGS.