Oct 16, 2010

Oct. 16, 2010 - 217.4 lbs (R2=25.2 lbs - R1&2=41.1)

Down 1.2 lbs.

Did everything right. It was pretty difficult though. I have found I eat for comfort and was tempted to eat for comfort last night.

I was looking at my pics from round one, when I was 218.4 lbs on R1 day 52. I am a lot thinner looking today than I was then at the same weight for some reason (if you are curious, see pics to left and click to make full size and you can see day 52).

I am counting this as one long round, with dieting from January 7 - March 29, May 3 - 10, Sept 10 - 16 and now Oct. 6 to Present. I won't go into the reason for falling off the diet, but it wasn't because of hunger or because the diet doesn't work. There are a few details in the past blogs, but I want to keep it upbeat here. With all the falling off the diet, I am still averaging 1/4 pound of weight loss per day, and some of the days in those listed periods are days I was not dieting due to travel as well. Keep in mind, days I actually behaved, I am losing a little over a pound.

I don't feel bad at all with my weight loss. Most other diets, you can't even do this without a lot of work, and this diet is easy. I do feel bad that those following are not seeing the best case scenario. And heck, I've lost over 41 pounds overall with the diet and that was with fighting an intestinal yeast infection to boot.

The overwhelming majority of people do the diet as specified in Pounds and Inches and go straight to their weight loss goals in such a hurry they are flabbergasted.

_

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Why does our picture say 165 days? Have you done a lot of rounds? how many are necessary? I have about 20 pounds to lose and am curious as to how long it will take. I also read a note from you about loading, is that necessary? Hoping you can get back to me. Thanks!

Dan Foss said...

Cynde,
I have done two rounds. The first time I lost my 72 pounds in 156 days.

I ended up with an intestinal yeast infection and ended up going up again, and so I started a second round.

Women lose between 1/2 and one pound a day, so if you stick to the daily plan well, it'll take you somewhere between 20 and 40 days.

Yes. Loading is absolutely necessary or the first 2 weeks will be super difficult.

CLICK ON THE BLOG INDEX AT LEFT TO SEE ARCHIVED BLOGS.